#017 - Design can change the world but many of us designers work in jobs we hate, solving problems we don’t care about. In this episode, I speak with Ben Pecotich on solving problems that matter without compromising your own values and wellbeing. Ben is a designer, coach, and founder of the social enterprise Dynamic4. He recently wrote a book called ‘Solving Problems that Matter’ where he lays out a simple framework for changemakers to design, build and launch their social enterprise idea. Ben shares his biggest learnings that can help us make the impact we’re seeking whilst prioritising own happiness.
In this episode:
- Say 'yes' before you say ‘no’
- Preventing your cognitive goalpost of happiness from shifting
- What is a social enterprise?
- Aligning your needs with your work as a designer
- Starting with your 10-year vision
- Ben's favourite frameworks from his book
- Balancing our need to make sustainable impact with personal sustainability
- and much more!
Get AU$20 off Ben’s new book ‘Solve Problems that Matter’
Go to http://designfeeling.co/solveproblems and use the code SPTM-DFPODCAST at checkout
Double diamond design framework
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Theory of change
Illustrations by Isa Vicente
Music by Brad Porter
Episode edited by Niall Mackay